Now in its 6th year, the Stoked On Salt – SOS Ocean Conservation Day is joining forces with the 3rd annual FORT LAUDERDALE PIRATE FEST sponsored by ROCK THE OCEAN and presented by The Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale and Bobby Rodriguez Productions, producer of the world-renowned Florida Renaissance Festival, along with The City of Fort Lauderdale, Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, April 29th, 2023 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Esplanade Park in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. Over 10,000 attendees!
We are so thankful for this partnership that will help embrace the SOS Mission regarding ocean conservation issues here in South Florida. This free, one day, outdoor event is not only fun, but an educational program for the entire family that will help bring awareness to our ocean. The FORT LAUDERDALE PIRATE FEST will feature a competitive Pirate-themed EVERYTHING, continuous live entertainment on the main stage, pirate encampments, street performers, beer garden, 3 floating tiki bars on the River, food vendors & food trucks, arts & crafts vendors, dunk tank, LIVE canon demonstrations, LIVE mermaids, pirates and so much more for the entire family! Children’s Area includes a climb aboard Pirate Ship, Black Beard Pirate Shows, Face Painting, Pirate Ship Bounce & Slide, Climbing Wall, Pony Rides and fun for all ages. Plenty of contests including best dressed pirate!
The SOS Mission this year: PIRATES OF CONSERVATION
Within the “SOS Ocean Conservation Day” area, ocean/marine conservation groups will engage in outreach with the general public about issues that could be addressed on a local level which we so desperately need: corals – manatees – lionfish – beach/ocean debris – sharks – sea turtles – manta rays – lobstering – water quality – wildlife rescue – mangroves – fishing regulations – ocean safety and more.
Ocean Outreach for guests to include:
• Conservation groups educating the community on how to become more eco-friendly and help save marine life and coral reefs
• Photo-ops with real live mermaids & merman sitting in a Sea Shell throne, Pirate Capt. Theo Jones and strolling characters
• SOS Pirate Ship Mural where attendees can “Walk the Plank” to take a Selfie
• Interactive Areas – Arts & Crafts – Local Artists – Debris Sculptures – Pop-Up Art
• Collect outreach and educational materials as guests visit table-to-table
• Free, eco-friendly, biodegradable give-aways and more TBA!
May your anchor be tight, your cork be loose, your rum be spiced and your compass be true. Fair winds to ye salty sea dogs!