The 2nd Annual Spring Fling EGGstravaganza will provide a groovy opportunity for the whole family to enjoy a Hippie-D’ Hoppity day of engaging activities and a little fun in the sun. Free to the public courtesy of the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Improvement District, attendees are encouraged to wear their retro-inspired best and participate in the special activities and entertainment planned, which include:
• Eggs In a Basket Contest | Guests will take their best guess at how many eggs are in The LOOP’s baskets. The person closest to guessing right will win prizes courtesy of the contest sponsor.
• Hippie-D Hoppity Selfie Station | Guests are encouraged to dress up in their retro-inspired Easter finest and snap a selfie in the vintage 1970’s Good Times Roll Volkswagen Bus and with the peace sign bunny ears throughout the park.
• Farmer’s Market | Shop and stroll local vendors displaying an eclectic selection of food, art, clothing, jewelry, home goods, pet supplies, body care and more.
• Little Yolks Morning Yoga, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. | Little ‘yolks’ ages 5-12 will enjoy a complimentary, introductory yoga class on the lawn with Lisa Pumper with the purchase of an adult ticket ($10). Bunny ears will be provided.
• Egg Hunt, 10:15 a.m.| Event-goers are encouraged to bring an Easter basket and gather on the main lawn at 10:15 a.m. for The LOOP’s Egg Hunt countdown. The main lawn will be divided into three sections accommodating children under 5, children 6-9, and children 10-13. Come down early and explore the park and vendors for a pre-egg hunt, golden egg hunt. Find the golden egg hidden somewhere on the grounds and take home a gourmet Easter basket.
• Brunch with the Bunny, 11:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Pre-purchase a “Brunch with the Bunny” package, or bring a blanket and basket, and enjoy brunch on the main lawn with the Easter bunny.
Cost: $50/ family of four includes reserved table, pre-packaged farmers market brunch box with fresh basked croissants, jam, Nutella and savory spreads, mixed granola, fresh fruit, French macaroons for dessert, and choice of fresh juice or sparking water. Pre-purchase required.
• Children’s Arts & Crafts, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. | In recognition of Earth Month, The LOOP’s children’s craft corner features make and take crafts that are good for the planet. Children under 13 will have their choice of coloring their own reusable tote bag, decorating a seed pot, or making a crystal bead suncatcher.
• Live Music and Entertainment:
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: DJ David & the Hippie D’Hop Hares
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Spring fling stilt walkers and balloon artistry
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Complimentary “Little Bunny” quick draw caricatures
Noon – 2 p.m. Sack races and freeze dance contests
For information, to register for Little Yolk’s Yoga or purchase Brunch with the Bunny tickets, visit theloopflb.com/events/spring-fling/