1. Incorporate exercise multiple times a week.
- Try to do cardio at least three times a week. Anything that get your heart rate up will do the trick.
- Strength training is also important. If you dedicate 30-minute weight exercises a couple times a week – that will be a great start.
2. Eat right.
- Another basic element to get you to where you want to be physically and mentally starts with what you eat. The most important thing to remember is to try to avoid processed sugars as much as possible and to limit carbs.
- Sticking to vegetables, lean protein and fruits should help serve as a guideline for beginners.
3. Get your ZZZ’s in.
The rule of thumb is to get at least eight hours of sleep a night. There are so many benefits of getting a good night’s rest.
- Helps build a healthy immune system
- Anxiety goes down
- You’re in a better mood
- You have energy to tackle the day
Tips to help you get to sleep at a decent time:
- Avoid caffeine after 12pm
- Turn off electronics an hour before bedtime
- Don’t take naps
- The general rule for this is to drink at least eight cups of water a day. If you exercise or do a strenuous activity, that may require more water intake. Water replenishes your body and helps you release toxins. This will overall help keep you healthy and fight any colds.
- Tip: Buy a reusable water bottle of at least 32 fluid ounces. When you finish it, fill it up and take in your water for the second half the day.